Cancellation / Rescheduling / Weather Policy
Please note that your tour is NOT a private tour unless a private tour was explicitly booked and paid for.
Because of the extensive planning and preparation that goes into our multi-day tours and the high demand for daytours there are significant but reasonable fees associated with cancellation and rescheduling, especially the closer to the tour date that it occurs.
You will need to agree to the following:
By purchasing a tour with DST, checking the relevant mandatory box online during online booking, and/or returning the signed edoc after a phone booking, I acknowledge that I have read and fully accept the cancellation/rescheduling schedule below. Failure to return the mandatory Cancellation/Weather Policy edoc in the case of a phone booking does not absolve me of the policies herein. Simply purchasing the tour makes these policies applicable to me. I understand that if I do not agree with this policy, I will not buy seats on a Dreamland tour or if I cannot afford the loss in the event of cancellation, I will buy trip insurance to protect my investment. I fully understand that Dreamland Safari Tours does not expressly or implicitly insure my investment in their experiences against exigent circumstances in my life, which they cannot control, against their own interests.
CANCELLATION REFUND AS A PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL PRICE, NOT JUST THE DEPOSIT.
A. Daytours and Scheduled Overnights
|30+ days til Tour Date||85%|
|10-30 days til Tour Date||75%|
|48hrs -10 days til Tour Date||65%|
|Less than 48 hrs/NO SHOW||0%|
NOTE: IF YOU ARE A NO SHOW/ < 48HRS, YOUR CARD WILL BE CHARGED THE ADDITIONAL 50% TO COMPLETE THE FULL PAYMENT. IT IS A COMPLETE LOSS OF THE FULL COST OF THE TOUR. Day tours may be deferred with 48 hours notice, and a future tour credit issued, allowing you to retain the full value of your deposit.
B. Custom Multi-day Tours
|Cancellation Fee||Rescheduling Fee|
|90+ days til Tour Date||$100||no charge|
|60-90 days til Tour Date||20% of tour price||$100|
|30-60 days til Tour Date||33% (deposit) of tour price||$200|
|7-30 days til Tour Date||40% of tour price||$250|
|48hrs -7days til Tour Date||50% of tour price||$300|
|Less than 48 hrs until Tour Date||100% of tour price||100% of tour price|
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance on D.S.T. adventures especially if your circumstances dictate it (i.e. sick family members, unpredictable job requirements, hurricane season, etc.). We will not deviate from this policy for any reason. Click here to learn more about Travel Insurance.
A Word on Weather
Although it very rarely happens, we reserve the right to cancel or reroute tours up until the last minute due to weather, safety, or other uncontrollable circumstances. In this case we will try to reschedule, give rainchecks, agree on another more accessible destination, or if necessary give a full refund. For adventures in flash flood prone areas (e.g., Buckskin Gulch) we may choose an alternative destination up until the last minute if weather conditions make it unsafe to adhere to the intended itinerary; such weather-based rerouting does not entitle you to a refund. Cancellations are slightly more likely in Winter. PLEASE NOTE: Dreamland Safari Tours makes all calls about weather. Unless it is unsafe, we lean towards completing the tour as is for a variety of reasons. We also wait until the last minute to make these calls. We do not speculate on forecasts. If a party should decide to cancel outside of or in advance of our decision making, the standard cancellation policy will apply.